To help in preparing your home for photographs and viewers the following will help make sure it looks at its best and increase the chances of a sale.
- De-clutter, a cluttered house does not only look messy but can give the viewer the idea that there is a lack of storage.
- Decorate any rooms that are looking tired, making your rooms look fresh will make them standout.
- Tidy gardens, clear away moss from driveways.
- Make sure windows and doors are cleaned and in good order.
- Clear away childrens toys.
- Fresh flowers and laid tables will make the property feel homely and inviting.
First and last impressions are what the viewer will take with them. Make sure your home is well presented, when giving the tour always finish in the best room.
- Remove any pets and pet odours.
- Make sure the rooms are well lit and warm especially in the winter months.
- Allow viewers time, a house purchase is a big investment and the viewer will have a lot to think about.
- After the initial tour ask the viewer if they would like some time to themselves.
- Answer any questions that the viewer may have.
- Don't discuss money, if the viewer wants to make an offer refer them to us.
Also In this Section: